Thursday, April 2, 2009

2 Health Updates

March 31st, 2009

Alright, this is gonna be quick.

For the past 5 days now I have had excruciating restless leg. I do take medication for it, but despite all our efforts of increasing meds, trying new meds, adding supplements and using holistic methods, nothing has worked. The only thing that will work short-term is to knock me out with heavy-duty narcotics. However, when the drugs start to wake up I'm still sleepy but the restless leg has taken over again. It’s so frustrating and horrible that I've been screaming like a baby.

We went to the ER. They couldn't do anything for me.

In desperation today I called my doctor's emergency line and, miracle of miracles, got a bed at Bryan East! I'm happy for this because of the convenience of having doctors there to help. Maybe they'll put their heads together and figure this out.

What we think this is is my ammonia levels (which are still high) are messing with my brain. Since restless leg is neurological this could be a side-effect of my decreasing brain function.

So, here I go, off to see the wizards (I hope). Please pray for me and send me healing energy!
March 2nd, 2009

Hello everyone,
I'm still at the hospital. The restless leg is getting a little better but they've found other problems to replace it: low blood pressure, dehydration, higher ammonia levels and then of course the fact that I don't eat. So now they're thinking of putting a gastric tube in me to get more calories in me. I've dropped down to almost 110 lbs. (although I've gained some water weight from all the fluids their putting in me.

So, I dunno how much longer I'll be here but people are welcome to smuggle in rats for me! Or spring rolls! Or bring me stones! The nurses have all been pretty impressed with the "small" collection of about 25 stones that I brought (not including jewelry. My Gramma brought me some of the first daffodils and they've bloomed beautifully. I've made a sort of healing altar with the stones, flowers and, of course the Anubis statue (hospital patron god), Buddha and my pewter castle figure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real income.
It gets down to select a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

lucychili said...

i have had restless legs due to medicine.
magnesium chelate has been suggested to me as a remedy. havent tried it yet but perhaps it might help you too