Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Health Update

Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well!

Unfortunately, I am not doing so great. I seem to getting worse, feeling much as I was in last fall. My appetite has diminished greatly, I'm in much more pain, I have more severe fatigue (if that were possible), and I'm more jaundiced. My blood is having more trouble clotting than usual, another sign that the liver is not doing well. I also started my cycle, which is not supposed to happen when you have menopause, of course. I haven't had a period in around 3 months, so this is weird and, of course not helping my current situation. I'm waiting to hear back from the gyno about that.

I have an appointment to see my primary care doc on Thursday and I see my liver doctor in Omaha at the end of the month. Hopefully someone will have some answers, but I'm not counting on it. I got a blood test yesterday but the med center called and said that my place on the list had not changed. So much for that.

So, being at home stuck in bed more than ever I am, of course, a bit bored (reading and sleeping are all swell, but they do get old after a few days), so anyone who wants to come and entertain me and/or bring me presents is more than welcome! ;-D I'm still trying to make it to my various classes and meetings.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Becca, I'm sorry to hear that things are getting worse for you. I hope that you will find some answers in Omaha...maybe moving closer to the top of the list? I wish you could be out living life more. Keep dreaming.