Sunday, February 1, 2009

Health Update

Hi Everyone,

I'm still in the hospital. I've been sleeping nonstop basically. I have had no appetite except to eat my beloved yogurt melts. I'm trying to keep hydrated as dehydration is part of my problem (high sodium, low potassium).

The bleeding is just as bad as ever and so is the cramping. I had some pretty painful episodes last night and again this morning. As much as I hate being here, I was glad I was able to get some IV morphine during those episodes!

My hemoglobin is down to 8.6 (just a teeny, tiny bit higher than it was when I had to get my blood transfusion) so it sounds like they're going to give me one unit of blood and then send me on my way. Of course, they said that at around 11:00 this morning and now it's 1:30. I just hope they don't start it so late that I have to stay another night.

Anyway, that's it for now.

No comments: