Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fireworks Shopping

Today is the third of July. Ya’ll know what that means, right? Fireworks shopping!!! I am, obviously, very excited about this. Last year was the first year my sister and I had cars and credit cards of our own so, consequently, it was the first year we drove down to the fireworks stand and went crazy buying everything that looked cool and relatively tame. Our mom gets a big thrill our of fireworks. And when I say “big thrill” I mean that every time so much as a firecracker goes of she screams and clutches her heart as if threatening to have a coronary. She appreciates the colors and lights but that’s about it. So you can understand my and Natalie’s excitement when we got to pick out and set off almost any firework we wanted to. And this year, we get to do it all over again. So, yeah, I’m excited, not to mention fireworks shopping being half the fun.
On a separate and unrelated note, I think everyone should watch this hedgehog eat a carrot:








On the health side of things I have good news and bad news. The good news is that my ovarian cyst removal surgery has been scheduled! It’s for the seventeenth of this month and I’m getting done in Lincoln because this is where my gynecologist is. The surgery can be done laproscopically so the recovery time should be short. Most importantly I won’t be in almost constant pain from the cysts. I’m counting down the days.
The bad news is that the people at the med center called me yesterday and said they’d forgotten to schedule a crucial appointment during my evaluation. Wednesday is when all the doctors get together and decide who should get put on the transplant list and, apparently, when they discussed me the doctors said, “We can’t put this girl on the list yet because we don’t have all the information we need.” This means I have to go back to Omaha, see a shrink and then wait until next Wednesday for the doctors to talk about me again. I’ve already had to wait one extra week to be put on the transplant list because last Wednesday my appointments went too late for them to get all the test results to the doctors. My appointments went late because, get this, they (whoever “they” are) made a mistake with my schedule. Yeah. So, no one is very happy about this, especially my mother. I don’t get riled up so easily (it probably has something to do with the medication that keeps my blood pressure low and pain drugs).
And now for another cute break. This is my rat, Lil’ Staci sleeping in a ball:

And then, "Mom!":

Cupcake was inspired and decided to curl up as well:




No comments: