Monday, July 14, 2008

Picture Time!

First of all, I'd like to give a big thank you to Rayne for fixing some of the coding for my blog. She's a friggin' genius. Thanks to her you can now actually see it when I post a link and I don't have to go out of my way to color the text.

I'm feeling like posting some photos so I will. First off, we have Cassie, the cat. I put these pillows on the chair for the express purpose of keeping her off the chair. Cass isn't all that bright, so she figured she could still fit her enormous body on the chair, even though half of her was hanging off the end.

Second of all, we have a beautiful handmade bookmark my friend Gina made for me. She is wonderful at tatting (it's a wee bit like lace making) and this bookmark is indeed tatted. She came over one night and I picked out a bunch of beads I liked and she put them on the tassel for me. She has a bookmark she made for herself that's a lot like mine that she calls Bubbles. I think if I were to give mine a name I'd call it Loose Leaf. Yeah.
Ya'll know how I like to share my room and, as of late, my bed area has been spiffed up to make things easier for me. Allow me to show you around.

This here is my little sanctuary. James and Gina got me the awesome bed tray thing. Perfect for my laptop or other endeavors like drawing, eating, oragami or puzzles. Here is my little set of drawers on wheels that holds all of my toys and whatnot. On top is the cool iHome I got from my Dad for my birthday. It even has a remote control for uber convenience.
Here you can see my cool bedside caddy that's supposed to attach between the box spring and mattress. Unfortunately, my bed is from around 1975 or so and it doesn't stay very well, which annoys me. I want it all tucked in. It does, however, stay upright and fulfills it's duties as caddy without much help from my bed. Still, I like things tucked in and I find myself continuing to tuck it in even though I know full well that the moment I sit down on the bed it will come out a few inches. Oh, well, it's my Dad's fault if I have OCD.

And that's it! Hope you enjoyed your little tour. I'm gonna take a nap.

No comments: