Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm On The List!

I wanted to let you all know that, once some blood test results are acquired, I will officially be on the transplant list!
Hooray!!
Tomorrow is my surgery to remove my ovarian cysts and patch up any endometriosis. There’s a good chance I may lose one or even both of my ovaries. It all depends on how bad a state my reproductive organs are in. If I end up keeping one or both of my ovaries I will have to be on treatment to trick my body into thinking it has menopause so that I don’t ovulate. They are going to try and do the surgery laproscopically, but if there’s too much scar tissue or if something bad happens during the surgery, they will have to make an incision. I could be in the hospital 5 hours to 3 days after the surgery; it all depends on what happens and what they find.

I’ll try to post a blog as soon as I’m able after the surgery, but if you want to know how things are going immediately, feel free to call my mom’s cell or mine or check with my Gramma or sister. Someone will know what’s going on. If you need phone numbers, email me privately.

1 comment:

Carmelo J. Aresco (Ceij) said...

Congratulations on making the list!

I hope the surgery goes well and you feel better very soon.