Friday, August 29, 2008

For Your Entertainment: Some Drugged Becca

Hi all. So it's 1:57 AM, my Ambien is kicking in sooner than expected so, if I can manage to keep a semi-level head here, you may be entertained rather than scared out of your boots. It was about 1:20 when I noticed I was getting hyper. I wanted to be out of the bed, doing something. I just couldn't relax. So, I took a Lorezepam and, for good meansure, an Ambien. I was exhausted, but reading a book like Breaking Dawn before bed isn't a good way to soothe your way on to slumber. Shoulda stuck with L.M. Bostons books, like I'd planned...
Anywho, here I am and tomorrow I want my bed moved so I can move my reliner into a position that points out the windows. Nature, peoples, nature! We need the trees and the skyline! Else Becca will ball up in the recliner and get all wrinkly and no one will ever be able to distinguish between her and the much-loved, many-times-read paperbacks with which she surrounds herself. Maybe then some abstract artist with oil paints will come and and paint a demented picture of the scene and then all the world will regret placing Becca's recliner away from the window.

I was thinking I'd move the bed to burn off the 1 AM energy, but seeing as how I'm klutsier than a bull in a china shop when I'm on Ambien, I thought better of it. My vision goes all blurry.

I'm halfway through Breaking Dawn. I couldn't stop myself, of course. I'm a little dissapointed so far, but at the same time, at the edge of my seat and I can't stop reading. I finally put my bookmark down halfway through where we first see the half vampire baby! Grrr! Scary!

Okay, okay, here's my short story for the night:

Ullyses reluctantly followed his brother through the stone passages of the castle, festooned though they were for the festival.
"You're going to love this Ullyses. Wonder entertainment. Very thoughtprovoking as well."
I nodded my head more as a sign for him to keep walking than for him to continue on about the merits of whatever talent he was taking me to see next. We walked swiftly, never fearing a false step. Our feet could have been two inches off the ground.
"Here is is," Erik pronoucned, excited. Opening the wooden door they saw a women curtsy to them before lifting up her skirts and sitting down with a sigh on the chamber pot.
"Really, Erik," I said, "a urination? I had my fill of those when I was in Italy."
"But Ullyses, I thought you liked them!" by brother called after me. But to no avail, I was already half way down the flight of stairs.

This website is fun. You can make pretty color combinations. http://kuler.adobe.com/

Off you go then little dears and bunnies and birds! Shoo! Go read another blog!

2 comments:

Doodlestreet said...

Didja get that recliner moved yet? When I was a kid, I used to move all the furniture in my room around about once a week. I liked things to look 'new' all the time. Mix it up..

...stare...

I just read what a wrote...man...I was sure an active kid! AND STRONG!

Becca said...

Yes, I did get everything moved with the help of my mom.

I used to move my furniture ALL THE TIME when I was a kid, too. :)