Friday, October 17, 2008

Boring, Poetic, Rambling

Last night was horrid. I suppose I ate too much before bed. And then there’s the matter of my bowels being still clogged up. Anyway, I was in half wakefulness fighting awful nausea until forty-past-two in the morning when I declared it too much and woke my mother. God bless her, she went straight to the pharmacy to pick up my Zofran.
Unfortunately, the Zofran did little for me. I was also most annoyingly restless. After taking some pain medication and my anti-anxiety pill I paced from the front door to the breakfast nook. Soon I was able to truly relax in my recliner and get a few hours precious sleep before I had to wake and make myself ready to see the doctor.
Not long before falling asleep I felt the peculiar feeling of my blood vessels either narrowing or expanding. It does not hurt, it is just strange and almost seems to make one go limp for a time. The thing was explained almost immediately--it started to rain.
The weather is fairly good today: a slight autumn chill with sunshine.
I feel not able to write about the outings of my short day for I feel I must take a nap presently

I again, as yesterday, slept away the dinner hours. I did in fact sleep for almost five hours this time. And again I was disturbed by my mother who spent some length of time on my computer.
I was eventually forced to leave my recliner and ready myself for bed while mom tended to the rats. And so here I am now at the midnight hour. I’ve read through at least three prefaces and the first two chapters of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.
I did nothing today that I should have done except appear at the doctor’s and do one load of laundry.
Mom and I went to Barnes and Noble after my appointment. I had a bottle of cherry and pomegranate juice, most of my berry pastry and most of my half of a pesto, cheese and tomato sandwich (I removed all but one of the tomatoes).
Mom had to leave to meet Ginny at a doctor’s appointment so Gramma came and got me and we stopped at Ideal. She helped me select a strip steak and some veal cutlets. I am perhaps the most ignorant of all people on the subject of meat. I managed to cook my strip steak myself and to my satisfaction. Gramma has promised to teach me to prepare the cutlets tomorrow. I was also glad to treat myself my favorite kind of goat cheese and a loaf of beer wheat bread from the Grain Bin while we were at the store. Oh, and I mustn’t forget the clotted cream!
The doctor says I still have much stool in me, so my poor weight is even poorer than I thought. I now weigh around 116 pounds.
I hope that this night affords me more sleep and tomorrow more wakefulness. And now I lay my head once more to the pillow, weigh down my limbs with quilts and pray that God dusts my eyes with stars and crowns my head with moonbeams until such a time as I am rested and ready to walk forthwith again.

No comments: