Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pain, ER, You Know The Drill

Latest health update email:

Friday morning: I have a bad pain episode and after lots of narcotics I'm able to at least lie down and be peaceful.

Saturday morning: Still having lots of pain, even with all the drugs.

Saturday evening: It's getting ridiculous and I'm about to snap from the ongoing pain so we go to the ER. Oh, yeah, and I have a migraine. Two x-rays and a CT scan later all that's been discovered is that my appendix is enlarged. We're told to watch closely for appendicitis and are sent home at 2 AM. The ER drugs were great, but I needed them every hour or so to stay on top of the pain. During the rest of the night at home I am constantly woken by more pain and spend a lot of time in the bathroom taking care of some serious constipation.

Sunday: Still in pain, though a tiny bit better.

Also, during this same weekend, three of our rats passed away: Francis, Bindi and Oreo. You three will be sorely missed!

On the bright side of things, my friend Amanda came over and cleaned all my rat cages and brought new hammocks, toys and boxes for all! Also, we got some beautiful mums that smell divine and mom got me my very first African Violet! I'm very excited about this.

Becca

No comments: