Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Health Updates

I've still been suffering from horrible pain, intestinal difficulties and throwing up. We called my doctor's office this morning and they advised us to go to the ER for more tests. So I suppose that is where we'll be going as soon as my mom gets home from work. I seem to just be getting worse with whatever is going on and I hope they can find a solution.

At the moment I'm not in so much pain, but that's due to two doses of narcotics, one of them being the super duper one. I'm going to put a few things in order here, drink a lot of water so my veins will stick out and then I'll be ready for whatever happens.

Many of have been asking about my readiness for a transplant.I am on the list and waiting. I'm not in good shape for a transplant, but I will of course be offered any organ that is right for me. It is up to the doctors to decide if I am able to endure the surgery and recovery at whatever time that organ should become available. Also, the transplant area of the hospital at UNMC works with people who need to be in the hospital up until transplant time by doing everything they can to get them in as good of shape as possible for transplant.

Unfortunately, my placement on the transplant list has nothing to do with how much pain I'm in or how many other troubles I'm having. It relies mostly of liver function numbers from blood tests. Mine usually aren't too bad, considering, so I have not been moved any higher.

I hope that answers some of your questions. I will try to keep you all as updated as possible but you can all feel free to call me, my mother or my sister for more current details on how I'm doing. I know some of you hear about me further down the grapevine in which case feel free to call your normal informer ;-)

<3 Becca

_____________________________


We did go to the ER (and I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to updating ya'll sooner) and a CT scan showed that I was full to bursting with stool. So I got a lovely hospital enema (they're crazy) and was sent on my way.

All the narcotics I've been having to take are making my constipated, thus the build up.

Even after being cleaned out I feel like crap and am still in the same amount of pain. I've been doing a lot of laxatives at home which, so far, haven't made much of a difference.

So that's where we are. We may be going to see my GI or regular family doctor for a follow-up exam.

Becca

No comments: