Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finally...A Health Update

Hello all,

I'm sorry I haven't sent out a health update in so long. My excuses are the same as always.
Since I left UNMC I've still been in lots of pain and having plenty of problems along those lines. And even with my determination to gain weight I have somehow lost 6 pounds. I hate how skinny and sickly I look and there is plenty of wardrobe frustration as all of my clothes are now huge on me.
My primary care physician has given me a prescription for a slow release narcotic that I would just take twice a day. That way I can stay on top of my pain better. Nights and mornings are the hardest times for me and often that is when all of my pain meds have worn off.
My GI doctor found anal fissures, which is just grand. We're going for a cream to treat them instead of surgery since I'm not doing too well with surgeries at present.
I'll be starting to get the Depolupron shots in about a week to make my body think I have menopause. Hopefully that will help with some of my lower abdominal pain. Also, she's referred me to a pain clinic, so we'll see how that goes.
All in all, I'm haivng a hard, painful time right now, but I have been able to be more active, which is nice.

Becca

No comments: