Monday, June 16, 2008

The Chronicles of Becca: The Liver, the Notebook and the Prilosec

Today my liver started to really hurt for the first time in a week or so. I mean, I always feel it (how could I not when it's gotten huge and hard?). Then came the even greater aversion to food than usual. And the more extreme tiredness. And finally came the chills. It's June in Nebraska and I sat outside in winter socks, sweatpants, a t-shirt and a hoodie. In direct sunlight. Lin the rat sat with me for awhile (she gets grouchy if she doesn't get outdoor time with me at least twice a week). Later Oscar the cat came to see me.

Oh, and then later came the shortness of breath. There just isn't room enough for all my organs anymore what with my huge liver and huge cysts on my ovaries.

But even feeling crappy like that do you know what I did? I cleaned two rat cages. I have no idea what I was thinking. Probably some nonsense about being bored and about the boys' litter box overflowing. Anyway, now I'm paying for it. I thought about taking some codine, but I don't know if that interferes with my sleep med. And I need my sleeping pills. Now I'm thinking Tylenol, but that means getting out of bed and walking all the way to the kitchen, which would defeat the purpose of Not Feeling Pain.

So I lay in bed and finished watching The Notebook. Now I don't know if it's because I had really high expectations for it or what, but I didn't think it was all that great. Supposedly even guys cry at this movie, but I didn't get teary eyed even once. And I get teary eyed watching Elf, okay? The only part that was even the least bit touching for me was the last half hour of the film. Maybe after Bella and Edward everything else just seems lukewarm or something (see books by Stephanie Meyer).

One thing I did do today: I made a vlog. Actually three vlogs since the battery on my camera kept running out. I uploaded them to YouTube, but now internets TV is doing maintenance, so I can't access them. Please stand by.

I do have photos from yesterday's photo shoot, though! Check it out.

I also made one of those cool Simpsons things. I think it's a pretty good likeness.

OMG...I just realized. I feel heartburn. Which means I haven't taken my Prilosec. Which means I forgot to put it in my pill case. I did! Wow...It's a miracle I've been able to eat at all. Amazing.

No comments: