Monday, June 16, 2008

Rambling at 1 AM

So I've been reading some of Rayne's blogs and I've been inspired to post some more here. I post most religiously on my MySpace, but sometimes I don't post all my journals there because, well, too many people would read them and might say nasty things. It's happened before.

I feel bad about what I wrote on June 8th. Today I think I've learned to appreciate my friends more for who they are and all the fun things I can do with them. And I do have things in common with them. We just don't always like the same music or movies.

Anyway, I took some narcotics come 4 AM this morning. Who ovulates for 4 days? I mean honestly. But, my ovaries were killing me. And after 12 hours without narcotics I was in a lot of pain (I can remember to refill my other medications, but not the kind that actually makes people woozy and forgetful. Thank God for 24-hour Walgreens).

I woke up around 7:30 to the sound of a text message from Gina. She wanted to know if she needed to drive us to work or not. I was planning to drive if I wasn't drugged. Not only was it way past my turn to drive, but I wanted to. I missed driving to work and listening to my music on the way. I gave it as long as I could, but I eventually had to tell Gina she had to drive. I was still pretty woozy from narcotics. I was really frustrated, though. Stupid body.

Turns out it was pouring rain, so it was a good thing Gina drove anyway. I had fun at work (babysitting for St. Mark's Northwest two services), but by the time I was done I was about to collapse, as usual. Plus, all the rain had triggered a migraine. Gina and James were going on a little trip to Beatrice and asked if I wanted to come. Darn my stupid body! I was too tired to go. I mean, how often do I get the chance to leave town for anything other than medical tests? Grrr...

At home I couldn't fall into bed just yet. My sister and I had a photo shoot outside (photos to come) so that Dad would have some recent photos of us. It was our last-minute Father's Day present idea. After that I slept for about 4 hours and woke up with my migraine even worse. I took my medication and puttered around online. Eventually I felt better and I went with mom to Target just to get up and do something. Mom took me around to look at some of the craft things, asking if I saw anything I wanted that would keep me occupied. It was really sweet, but I feel like I've spent more than enough of our money this month already on books and sweatpants. Plus, I think I'm going get myself back into writing The Master Painter. And I've only read 3/4 of a novel so far this month. I am so behind on my 6-novels-a-month quota. So all in all, I think I should keep occupied.

I'm also proud to announce that I'll be returning to art class. It's going to do me a world of good, I just know it. My sister has agreed to let me come to her Wednesday class. That way she can drive me when I'm drugged or too tired to be a safe driver.

After Target, mom dropped me off so I could hang out with Gina and we watched a cool show about rats. I've never seen rats boiled alive, skinned, chopped up and deep fried for Chinese food before. That was great... :S But the interview with Debbie Doucommon and the dumbo PEWs were worth it. My ovaries have been twinging all day, but it was worth it to get out and do something.

Gina had some good hanging-out ideas, so maybe I'll get out a little more this week. And she offered to stay with me for part of my time in Omaha. I'm going to be getting my evaluation for a liver transplant the 23rd-25th. It's all sorts of weird tests to see where I should go on the list. And of course they want to know how much I smoke, drink and how many illegal drugs I take...yeah right. As if I even went to high school. My mom has to leave every night to go to rehersal for The Music Man at Pinewood Bowl (she's the music director), but if I'm not up to all those car rides then I'll stay in a hotel.

Now I'm home, and just as I predicted, I'm awake and it's one in the morning. And the baby rats are wrestling and squeaking so loud I doubt I'd be able to sleep much anyway. Sometimes I question my charity in taking Cupcake in...

Golly, I'm babbling and not making any sense. I'm gonna shut up now.

P.S. Here's how I spent my morning. Gina is the one doing the video. I'm the girl with the hat on. No, you don't need to watch the whole video.

No comments: