Thursday, June 19, 2008

Reading List, Among Other Things



I found Velvet and Cassie sleeping on my bed today. Velvet (the black one) lives in my room pretty much all the time and follows me if I leave my room. Actually, she thinks it's her room and she's very territorial about it. That's why it's surprising she let Cass on the bed, let alone snuggle with her.
The other picture is one of my dooldles I did of a black cat. Yup, I like black cats.
Today was alright. I got some stuff done. I went over to Gina's in the evening and did some altering on some of my big, huge t-shirts. I'm trying to expand my Somewhat Larger and Casual T-Shirt collection since 1)My tummy keeps getting bigger 2)I want to be comfortable, yet not look homeless or like I'm in my pajamas and 3) Who knows when I'll have all sorts of tubes coming out of me that need to be concealed?
I managed to finish three shirts and I am very satistfied. I also did some emo altering to them by cutting off all hems, making the sleeves a little shorter and cutting out the collars.
When I got home this evening I was very excited to see no less than three fireflies light up in our yard. I did see one firefly a couple weeks ago, so I knew they were out, but it made me happy to see some more serious glowing-butt action.
Today Cupcake managed to gnaw off part of the lid to a large tupperware container through her cage bars. This made me very angry, especially since she went back to her chewing spot and seemed very put out to find her chew toy gone.
I made a list of some of my favorite books (at least the ones I can think of at the moment) and was wondering if anyone else has read any of these books and, if you have, what did you think? If you haven't read many of these books then consider this your personal reading list and come talk to me when you're done. Okay, I'm kidding. Just wondering if anyone else shares some of my favorites.

Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea

Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Skellig by David Almond

Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen (Trilogy) by Garth Nix

Un Lun Dun by China Meville

The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver

Twlight series by Stephanie Meyer

Pellinor quartet by Alison Croggon
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Echo by Francesca Lia Block
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman
Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer (I actually never finished this series. He ended it and then a year or two later said, "Never mind!" and came out with three more books.)
Zel by Donna Jo Napoli
East by Edith Pattou

A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L'Engle
The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tokien
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Wow, that was longer than I thought it would be.

Oh, and this video of a hedgehog is adorable. Who knew thay had such a range of facial expressions?

No comments: