Friday, June 20, 2008

Motivational Toys

Well, I popped half a codine and managed to get a couple rat cages cleaned, thank God. I really didn't feel well for the first part of the day. Then, as usual, it got to be around 4 o'clock and I started feeling like maybe I should do something. Maybe I don't really feel better, but by four I'm so bored I'm up for anything. Who knows?

So I went to PetCo and got Cupcake some chew toys and got some more yoggies, among other assorted items. Then I went over to Target to get Rayne and myself some toys. I figured we both needed some mindless entertainment for those times when we're stuck in bed so I picked up some fun items. I really enjoyed assembling it all, it was like making an Easter basket or something. But I think I'll call it a care package instead. So, Rayne, whenever I come visit you get presents! :) I'm gonna play with my toys tonight while I watch a movie. And no, I won't tell you what I got because I'm going to assume Rayne will read this blog and I don't want to ruin it for her ;)

Today, Cupcake made a break for it and ran down the hallway. I caught her pretty easily.

I've been thinking how, I don't know, lazy my life is. I mean, granted, I get up and I get things done everyday. But when I start my day I'm so icky feeling that I never do anything like take time to brush my teeth properly, change out of my pajamas or at least develop some kind of plan. I usually just turn on my laptop and start where I left off the day before. I'm thinking my life need a little more routine. For efficiency's sake as well as to make me feel a bit more normal, like I'm not sick and dying.

Today my sister came in with a celebratory fast food lunch (her orthopedic doctor had just written a note waving all her phys. ed. classes for the next year) and I was sitting in bed, hunched over, in my jammies and staring at the computer screen. She said, "Get up! It's a wonderful day!" (although she immediately sat down on my bed and popped in a DVD). To me it translated, "Look alive!" So I'm going to try to look and act alive from now on because sometimes I act like I'm dead. Not that I'm depressed, I just have no motivation. At least, not much.

Okay, well, I'm off to play with toys and harass the rats some more.

1 comment:

Rayne said...

Toys! I absolutely love toys and presents. Thank you!