Monday, June 30, 2008

Stars

"This might kill me," I yelled to my Mom in the living room. She ignored me because I shout out random phrases all day that are completely relevant to me, but usually to no one else. I suspect the next thing she heard was grinding metal and few small crashes as I lugged the paint ladder out of the hallway and into my room. I was feeling pretty good today and I didn't know how long it would last so I got right down to some important business. One of those things was hanging up my stars.

Earlier today I posted about the stars Rayne made for me. Well, they have now been successfully hung above my bed. I'm so happy about it. They look so magical and now I have something pretty to look at when I'm lying in bed. Here are some pictures:



My friends Gina and Aprille came over for a visit this evening and thought they were just wonderful. Hear that, Rayne? They used words like "incredible". I'm not lying. Gina, being a crocheter, thought the crocheted chains were very cool.
Today Mom told me I should start thinking about what I wanted to do for my birthday. What I wanted to do? Gosh, I hadn't thought about that. So I did. I settled on lemonade and peanut butter cookies at a quiet tea time. Apparently my first request of Rayne's chocolate chip cookies was shooting too high. I also requested Nakies, Sam and Lin back from the dead as well as a new liver. Mom told me those were perfectly acceptable things to wish for, but I needed to think of something that I wanted to do or did I maybe want some more sweatpants? I thought about it and eventually decided that going to the zoo would be nice, as long as a wheelchair could be obtained. Then a wheelchair was added to my presents list. From there I just said, "I dunno, music, movies and books." I was given a subscription to Netflix right away, which is awesome.
Now is the part where I give a deep, personal paragraph about how my perspectives have changed and I don't even really think about material gifts anymore, I just want to be able to get up and clean the rat cages, but I'm too tired. I wore myself out and I'm probably going to pay for it tomorrow. But as my friend Rayne says (I mention her far too often, don't I?), "If doesn't kill me, it's within my limits." L'chaim!


2 comments:

Rayne said...

I just can't figure out how to get those cookies to you for your b'day. I've been thinking about it, though.
I love how the stars look and am so glad you didn't kill yourself getting them up there.

Becca said...

Oh, don't worry about the cookies Rayne. I wasn't trying to drop a hint or anything ;) But...I suppose I could always eat a cookie if I'm able to stop by when we're in Omaha (whenever that'll be).