Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Anatomy of a hoodie

Just thought I'd throw in a pic of a nook in our backyard for effect.

Well, the ulcerative colitis has calmed down a little. But I'm still so tired. The tiredness that seems to make my heart feel like lead and my lungs feel cramped. My appetite has gone from bad to worse. Back to a diet of nutritional shakes for me! Apparently I've lost, like, 10 lbs. in just a few months, but it certainly doesn't show. Probably has something to do with my liver being the size of Texas and my ovaries being the size of...um....a state slightly smaller than Texas. Anyway, I'm complaining, so I'll shut up.

I did go to the mall with my sister. We only went to a couple stores, so it wasn't a major feat or anything. And I got the coolest hoodie ever. It's all neon colored on a black background and it makes you look like you've just stepped in front of an x-ray because it's got bones on it! As in, it corresponds to the bones in your body. Rib cage on the front, arm bones on the side, etc. Even the hood has a skull. It reminds me of my favorite t-shirt as a kid which was more of the same. When you grow up in the hospital you develop a deep affection for anatomy. The hoodie makes me happy since it reminds me of my childhood.

Shirley, our rat, has to have yet another surgery. In just a week she's sprouted a tumor near her groin which is effecting her bladder. She's getting the tumor removed tomorrow morning, so that's good. Poor Shirley has already been through two tumor removals and is getting over an infection from her last surgery, which was about 2 weeks ago.

We're in the process of moving my rats to Capital City Rat Rescue to live with Staci until I'm healthy enough to take care of them again. Two of my rats are already there. Once I rat starts requiring extra care, it has to be moved to Staci's since I can't give it the care it needs. And boy does Staci spoil my rats!

Speaking of rats, I got this message on YouTube today (where I post videos of my rattie clan):

Subject: RATS!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOUR RATS AND THEY ARE SO CUTE I HAVE 2 RATS AND LOVE THEM I AM A BIG FAN OF YOUR RATS AND A BIG FAN OF YOU TOO SO GOOD VIDEOS PLZ SEND MESSAGE TO ME THANKS BUT I DONT HAVE ANY VIDEOS RIGHT BUT WILL SOON THANKS SEND A MESSAGE SAYING YOU GOT IT THANKS

Um, someone needs to give this person a chill pill. I'm a little creeped out. I don't think I'll reply. It sounds like they're as obsessed with me as they are with my rats. I once had someone on YouTube tell me they liked the sound of my voice. Is it just me or does that seem odd?

Anyway, it's raining. I'm sleepy, but I doubt I'll be able to sleep for awhile. Think I'll spend a little more time online and then read my novel. Oh, and feed the rats, of course!

1 comment:

Rayne said...

Someone is either very young, like elementary school, and in that case is excused and it's kinda cute, or someone is a rabid monkey who has been hitting the red bull too much and needs to be tranquilized.