Monday, September 8, 2008

Health Update, Again

Dear Everybody,
It's been a boring few days. I've seen my liver team and various individual members of it, about 4 different gynecologists (I'll just say that yesterday morning was a very painful on, despite all the morphine), and other various people, like students for example.I've had to do a lot of fasting for tests that never happened, which is frustrating. I've had to do a lot of waiting around, too. I don't feel all that sick right now so I wish I could just be at home with my rats. I've been trying to keep myself occupied with watercoloring, reading and surfing the net.
Now, something is finally happening. The interventional radiologists have taken a look at my CT scans and determined that they could try draining this thing with a needle instead of surgery. So tomorrow morning I go get a CT and then get this thing taken care of, if all goes well. I have to be under general anesthesia since sedatives don't do the trick for me. But it sounds like if these radiologists are successful I'll get to skip the risks and long recovery of surgery, which is just fine with me, thank you very much.
Thank you all for your kind words and emails!

Becca

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope that the needle thing works out cuz you will be back up and about much quicker than. Glad you're feeling pretty good, sorry you're stuck there.