Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm Still Here

Hi All,

I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to writing a new update. I just haven't been feeling up to it. I'm sorry also that I can't respond to all your emails. I love getting them, though!

I had a hard night again Friday night. My IV infiltrated and i had to get a new one,which turned into a very traumatic experience. On top of that it was evening and my liver really hurt. So my sobbing from the IV trauma made my liver hurt all the more and made me cry even more...it was just an awful night. Eventually I got some more pain meds and fell into an exhausted sleep. The bright side: I didn't have a fever.

Yesterday I wore myself out trying to wash myself and getting the exercise I was supposed to get. My dad was in town so he came to visit. I ate too much food and got a stomach ache in the evening, but the liver pain wasn't as bad.

I slept pretty well (or as well as you can in a hospital) last night but of course that meant I didn't wake up to take any pain meds. The morning has been very slow and painful. I still have to rely on my itsy dose of morphine and a pain patch in addition to my regular narcotic. I hope this doesn't mean they'll keep me longer...(I can't leave the hospital on the morphine, which is stupid because I'll just go home and take my own).

Since it's the weekend things are pretty slow. I'll talk to a liver transplant nurse coordinator today and that'll be it until tomorrow. Dad and Ginny are going to come visit me. I hear tell they have The Office Season 4 on DVD.

Becca

No comments: