Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sick and Busy

I've been wanting to write a blog for quite a few days now but have been sick and otherwise preoccupied with the things that demanded my immediate attention (rats, tidying, doctors appointments).

I've been in quite a bit of pain and even caught a small cold, so I often find myself in bed watching a movie and knitting. I've tried going down on the pain medication, but evnetually my pains become so bad that I give in. Still, once I've gotten my pain medication going I've been doing my best to keep active. I've also been having a lot of migraines lately; about 3 or 4 a week. Usually I have a migraine every other week or less, so this is perplexing. Allergies could be to blame, I suppose. So could my liver.

Last Thursday was a very happy day because our neighbor, Kathy Aiken, took my mom and I to the zoo. Kathy wheeled me around in a chair (I was quite exhausted from a grocery shopping trip that had occured shortly beforehand) and I demanded to see the whole zoo. I cannot even descibe my happiness because I had been wanting to go to the zoo all spring and summer and had not had anyone to take me. Sadly, the petting area was closed so I didn't get to pet any birds, ferrets, rats, or reptiles. Also, the gift shop had closed by the time we left. Oh, and the train had broken down. So mom has promised me we'll go back.

Our rat Francis has become very sickly and has also developed a cancerous tumor. As long as she'd happy and not in too much discomfort we will keep her here, but it may not me long until we have to get her put to sleep. Francis is getting spoiled rotten until then. Today we are taking her over to tea at my Gramma's so she can run around, snuggle with people and eat tea time snacks.