Friday, September 5, 2008

Kind Words

As ya'll know, I'm active in rat rescue and with Capital City Rat Rescue and its supporters. There is a CCRR forum to discuss all things rat that I like to post and and share on. I was posting a health update for those concerned and one of the ladies posted a very nice comment. She's a new rat owner who does a wonderful job with her rats and is a funny, great person to boot. This was the comment she left:

I know you don't know me, but I read your blog a lot and you are always in my prayers. If you would feel comfortable forwarding them me, I would love to read your health updates. I think you are very, very brave and very much a believer in life. I admire your courage and most definitely your sense of humor. For someone who I consider to be very young, you are remarkably wise and have a way of dealing with reality that most adult people of any age lack. I find you very refreshing: you see the world for what it is but you always find a way to step into the light it offers. You remind me of how much of a gift life truly is.
I'm also in Lincoln, so if you ever need to talk to someone I'd be glad to listen. If there is ever anything you need help with let me know.
Kathy


I'm not sharing this to try and advertise how great I am, but because it touched me so much. It's important to me that I continue to be optimistic and to be a light to others no matter what dark clouds are surrounding my life. It's wonderful to hear that someone actually thinks that all that is true about me. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something. When people tell me things like this it makes me feel better about all the risks of my exsistance; I could die at any time but it's okay because I inspired and encouraged someone.

1 comment:

Rayne said...

This is very sweet. I am glad you are finding more supportive people to add to your life.