Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday Night Fever

Hi all-
It was another crazy night last night. I survived my painful ultrasounds. I got another fever (which has finally at around 11:30 AM, gone down). I had blood and urine cultures done because of the fever (apparently I got blood cultures done the night before as well, I just didn't really remember because of all the pain). It seemed that for something or other I was woken up every hour or half hour. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. Then, around 9:00 AM, when things had finally calmed down a bit, I got a migraine (probably from the rain). Fortunately, I was able to get my Imatrex right away and get some sleep.
I saw someone from gynecology today and they said that it looked like this abscess didn't have anything to do with my reproductive organs, so there really wasn't any reason for their department to be involved anymore.
The nurse coordinator from the liver transplant people came and saw me as well. She said that it will take a day to two to find out exactly what was in the abscess, but most of what they drained was blood. It appeared to be a hematoma that developed after my surgeries in July. However, since this abscess doesn't seem to have infection and I'm on two antibiotics and still running fevers then there's still a problem we need to fix. I should be getting these fevers and I have to stay here until they can figure out what the fevers are from and solve the problem. My mom told the nurse coordinator that they had better get a move on because my cat was pining away. Mom says Velvet came to her bed last night (which she NEVER does) and wrapped her arms around mom. Poor Velvet, this has been such a hard summer for her.
I'll have more info once I see more of the doctors, so I'll keep ya'll posted.

Becca

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Becca, I'm so glad you have been able to keep us informed. I hope they figure out why you have a fever. *fingers crossed* that Velvet will have you home soon. :)